Sunday 1 February 2015

Character design class


In this class we had to learn about the settings and what should it look like so we ended up having a random location and a random building or setting given to us. I ended up with ocean and circus meaning I had to create something like an underwater entertainment building. I came up with 4 ideas for this scenario. 



First idea:  This my drawing of a shell in underwater with a hole in it for the entrance to the building. 


Second idea: I as thinking about back story for the building while I was drawing the first idea so I came up with a sunken ship pointing upwards as well as pearls are used as spotlights to attract the audience to come and enjoy the entertainment.  




Third idea: I was thinking of the god of the sea, Neptune and what would he do in his free time for entertainment. I remembered that Neptune was one of the geek gods and that lead me to Disney's Hercules film that lead me to the thunder god Zeus. In the film there is a building where a statue was built to honour him. I created this building for Neptune by using Zeus' temple to help form my ideas. I added a giant shell as the roof and bent the pillars so it would look more that Neptune's ideal building.


Forth idea: I went over board on this idea as I was thinking about what if humans lived underwater and created a glass bulb where the performance is taking place and the buildings are surrounding the bulb so that people can see even in their apartment.



No comments: