Friday 13 February 2015

Main Character design: completed


The first picture above show my progression into designing this character's suit. I started to sketch the main body and then work around it by adding items or clothing. I then when over the sketch I made in ink on the software called sketchbook pro and then used photoshop to finish in the colouring with the added info that explains some of the suit's abilities.

As you can see that I've clearly taken an interest in my number 8 helmet design from earlier and combines some ideas from clothing ideas from number 1 and 6, which lead me to my final design drawing as you can see before you. In response to what Phil stated in the previous comment I tried to make it look tighter on the body as much as I could however the grey top is designed to be like an armour so therefore it must stick out more but the trousers and red top is designed to be more flexible.

While creating the colour I was thinking about using purple or dark blue as his other colour (which would be replacing grey) however I decided to stick with the red and grey as he can blend in with the blood's natural colour and also the grey (silver) is mainly to show that he is filled with high-tech equipment. The blue strip on the side of his legs is meant to be a streak of line that would glow and he was in a dark area the other teammates (if any) can see where he/she is. I like the blue streak line as it can do something about blandness of a normal black trousers.


No comments: