Monday 2 March 2015

Blog submission - Soundscape


Soundscape


Editing process

The picture below is a screenshot of my editing during my first exercise where I learnt how to edit sound by using adobe audition. I learnt how to use convolution reverb, phaser/flanger and stretch and pitch, which slows down or speeds up a selected audio.


Picture below is a screenshot of my finished "Picture 1" soundscape editing process.

 I focused on using "my hands running though Lego" audio (on track 2) to make the clanking noise for the image I was given and I mainly edited the audio so that it can give off an echo-like-surroundings so that it can make the picture look bigger. I also used the keyboard (on track 3) for one note that plays throughout the sequence while changing its volume louder and quieter, however I knew that it wasn't enough so I recorded myself flicking ornaments in my house so I can give off a gentleness that the image may suggest and placed an recording of  a reversed quiet zip (on track 4) so that the image can have an usual yet subtle effect. 



Picture below is a screenshot of my finished "Picture 2" soundscape editing process.

I mainly focused on making the audio for the second image peaceful, calm and majestic. I looked at the bright colours that was shown and thought of ways how a colour would sound so therefore I used an xylophone and recorded each noise separately so I can edit them together so they would create an peaceful tune, however as editing went on I also placed in keys jingling (on track 6) so it adds a little more to the background rather than emptiness. During the duration of the audio you can hear the playful notes build up and gains more noise, which feels as though that the colours are communicating with each other and can welcome the listeners into their world. 



Picture below is a screenshot of my finished "Picture 3" soundscape editing process.

I wanted the third picture to feel out of this world so I focused on brining it alive by recording anything I thought would sound perfect. First idea that came into my head was a couple of scraping noise so it would sound like it is caressing the orb however I thought of many ways to make it sound alien by reversing the tap water at the beginning and the rotation of the sofa that gives of an echo. At the last part of the soundscape I wanted something usual to finish the build up I was creating so I added in a keyboard effect when everything turns quiet, which may leave the listeners in suspense that has the orb hatched into an alien. 






The video below shows my original recorded audio and the edited audio that I've used for my final three soundscape.



This video shows my editing and then the original audio that I have used for my three soundscape.



creative partnership:









No comments: